Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Wondering if you can hook up two iPods to one mac at the same time to recharge, each would get the music from a separate library (His and Hers), and some data backup from each user...
Possible?

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Possible, but you would need to manual sync each iPod from separate playlists.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
3Memos said:
Possible, but you would need to manual sync each iPod from separate playlists.

you may be able to make it automatically sync from two different playlists that you set manually on the front end (i seem to recall being able to select which playlists i wanted my ipod to auto-sync from). though i guess doing each one manually wouldn't be too bad, either.

and there should be no problem getting them both to charge at the same time granted that you have at least 2 FW ports.

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
baby duck monge said:
you may be able to make it automatically sync from two different playlists that you set manually on the front end (i seem to recall being able to select which playlists i wanted my ipod to auto-sync from). though i guess doing each one manually wouldn't be too bad, either.

and there should be no problem getting them both to charge at the same time granted that you have at least 2 FW ports.

Yes, once iTunes recognizes the iPod, you click on the iPod icon in the source window. From there, you can manually select which playlists you want updated each time that particular iPod is connected. So when the playlist changes, the iPod will get updated each time it is plugged in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.