Two issues and not sure if related

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fleeper, Sep 18, 2009.

1. fleeper macrumors 6502

For the last few days, my phone has had "off network" showing at the top instead of "AT&T". I called at&t and they said we have more towers coming online in our area, blah blah blah. Everything should be fine according to AT&T after October 3rd.

I also am no longer getting my voicemail in the visual voicemail part. It does not look as if it is offline (as when I have no signal) but just no voicemail comes up.

I spent too much time at the AT&T store the other day and they could not fix that issue. I have called apple and no fix.

I did have the BenM profile but I have removed it. I have restored my phone twice now. Still no voice mail.

Anyone else running into anything like this?

2. icewing macrumors 6502

I had the hack and my voicemail stopped showing up after I upgraded to 3.1. Finally called AT&T, they had me remove the hack, and then do Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings.

They had me go delete a voicemail (go into the phone app, and hold down the 1 key). I ended up deleting them all for good measure.

After that voicemails started showing up, but my wifi wouldn't retain my home network connection - it's encrypted and hidden (SSID isn't broadcast).

Once I rebooted my router and did the above Reset Network Settings again, once I set up my wifi connection, now it remembers the network like it used to.

Good luck!

3. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

That did it! Thanks much. And my benm profile wa back in there after doing a sync this morning. How do I delete that from itunes so I don't get it again?

Fleeper

4. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

My AT&T carrier logo went missing (quite common I guess). I had to use MakeItMine to put AT&T up there (by text, not the usual PNG image). Resetting network settings didn't do anything.

5. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

Now when I get home, the "Of Network" logo comes up almost every time. As soon as I walk outside and I am out there for a few minutes (in my yard), I get an AT&T 3G logo.

Weird stuff.

6. kteller8 macrumors newbie

Hello, I have old 8g edge Iphone and when i did the 3.1 or whatever newest upgrade, it messed up my VM.

I was getting voicemail but wasnt getting notification. So i had to go to settings, then general, go to profile on bottom that showed AT&T, uninstalled and removed it and then called myself to do a test. It worked and i can only associate this problem with the AT&T profile being create when i did the BenM theathering feature, but since i am old skool iphone, it didnt work... naturally

good luck