Two issues: Non-responsive and phantom emails

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PoppaKap, Jun 30, 2010.

1. PoppaKap macrumors regular

1. Twice this morning I have gone to unlock my 24 hour old phone and it acts like it has turned off. It doesn't react to the home button or to tapping the power button. I held the power button and still nothing. It only reacted to a holding the home and power button to reset it. It has done this twice this morning. The phone has had no traumatic experiences. Any ideas?

2. I'm getting phantom emails dated 12/31/69. They contain no content and they cannot be deleted. Possible a MobileMe issue? Anyone resolve this?

2. jumpmonger23 macrumors newbie

Had this issue before, I think I fixed it by switching Mail sync "off" and then back "on".

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I get the same emails "no sender no subject 12/31/69" and I don't have mobile me.

4. PoppaKap thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. That helped. I had roughly 40 of them in my inbox.

5. admanimal macrumors 68040

I've had the same problem with my GMail account. Quitting Mail completely from the task switcher fixed it for me.

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

A friend had the phantom email problem (along with a lot of blank emails)...a full reboot solved the issue...

7. macbd macrumors regular

Will give that a try. Having that issue on wife's 3GS since upgrading to iOS 4.

8. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

I had that issue this morning. THis fix also worked for me. From reading through other posts, this seems to be an iOS 4 issue, I think.