Two Issues With iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tekzilla, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

Hi All,

So I gave my wife my iPhone 5 to replace her 4 when I got my 6+.

However I am encountering 2 issues with her phone...

1. It never goes to LTE. Only 4G service. Someone said I need to Provision my phone. Is this something I can just call ATT for?

2. Whenever she gets a phone call it also rings on my phone. How do I stop this?

Thanks all.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

If your phone a verizon iPhone 5 being used on att? If so, you won't get LTE. If it's an att phone, make sure LTE is turned on in the cellular settings. Or you can call att to make sure her account and SIM card are provisioned for LTE data. She may need a new SIM card.

As for your second issue, I assume you guys share an iCloud account? Turn handoff off and under FaceTime settings where it says "allow cellular calls" on your phones.

3. Tekzilla thread starter macrumors regular

Tekzilla

It's an AT&T phone. Is this something I can fix over the phone or would we need to go down to a store?

And thanks for the help!

4. dotme macrumors 6502a

Should be fixable over the phone. Call ATT. There definitely is a switch on their side that needs to be thrown to light up LTE capabilities on a line that used to have only 3G capabilities.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

it may require i new SIM card. pretty sure once at&t got LTE capable devices, there was a newer SIM needed. i was having LTE issues with them before i left them for Verizon and a SIM swap was the first thing the reps recommended.