Two itunes libraries, two ios devices, want to merge without losing data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by posnera, Aug 11, 2011.

1. posnera, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

posnera macrumors regular

I've got an iPhone and an iPad registered to the same account. Each is synced to a separate iTunes library(two computers). I want to combine this into one library only on one computer.
    I know how to move my media, that's not the issue. The problem is saved data from apps. For example, there are saved games on both devices for Angry Birds. Is it possible to move one device's sync to the other library and preserve both sets of data?

If not, I need to preserve the data from the library that I no longer want to maintain separately (iPhone). I was planning to copy the iTunes library files to the other computer, replacing those completely. I would then re-add the media from the existing iTunes folder. This should allow me to keep the data on my iPhone intact (more important) and would trash the iPad (less important). Does that make any sense?

2. patrissimo macrumors newbie

Ever figure it out?

I want to do this too - consolidating two iPads (me & my son's) to one. Did you ever get it to work?

Internet says it can be done with an app called Phone View that lets you access the iPad in USB drive mode. Any other way? Easier way? Message me. Thanks.