Two kernel panics in 2-3 weeks with 10.5.7, none before that

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Keleko, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Keleko macrumors 68000

Since installing 10.5.7 I've had 2 kernel panics happen, and I never had any before that. The panic always happens when my display has turned off from idle time. I then come move the mouse or hit a key to turn the displays back on. The display comes on and then I get the error screen that says I must reboot.

I'm suspicious of one of my add-on system prefs that may not be compatible with 10.5.7, but I don't know which one. Here's what I have loaded:

Fan Control
    Flip4Mac WMV
    Growl
    MultiClutch
    nova media iSync plugins (it likely isn't this one because my first panic happened before I installed this add-on)
    Perian
    USB Overdrive (seems the most suspicious because I move the mouse or hit a key to activate the screen, which is when I get the panic)

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse which is what USB Overdrive is used for. What alternative(s) can I try to USB Overdrive to see if it is the panic problem?

Or, has anyone else had an infrequent panic similar to mine that they've found the reason for?

2. iBug2 macrumors 68040

Report to apple bug reporter and see what they say about it. They might notice that it's about an extension.