Two Macbook Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Potomac, May 4, 2009.

1. Potomac macrumors member

Hi,

I have two questions that I'm hoping to resolve. First, my white MB (purchased August 2008) will not charge. I've tried different outlets, etc but it just won't charge. No lights on the Magsafe, no icon change on the battery on the screen, nothing. This is not the first time I've had this problem and have brought the computer to the Apple store to get the "nothings wrong with it" speech and lo and behold it worked fine at their store after trying every outlet in my house. Right now I have a 70% charge but it will not charge as of right now. As anyone experienced this problem? I would think this is a problem with the charger or battery and would like one or both replaced depending on what is wrong. I generally let it charge fully then unplug it until the warning message comes on and repeat this cycle over and over.

Also, I have a lovely 5" crack running along the front of the computer at the bottom of the palm rest. This just happened overnight once and has significantly grown since it happened a few weeks ago. The crack is on the main case (not the top palm rest plastic) and I would like it replaced as it seems to be growing longer and longer by the day.

I have two Apple stores near me but the closer one is closed until Friday for renovations and the charging issue cannot wait until then. I will demand that both are repaired/replaced but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems (mainly the charging issue as I know the cracking is common)?

Thank you.

2. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Break out the camcorder!:D

Cracking is common and will be replaced in or out of warranty.