Two Macs with the same AppStore

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rcorai, Sep 13, 2011.

1. rcorai macrumors member

rcorai

Hi, if I purchase a second mbp can I use my current Mac AppStore on both laptops?
    What about iTunes? I have my iPad and my wife iPad registered with the same account. But I would like she uses the iTunes installed on her new mbp. Can she do that using the same iTunes account?
    About icloud. Should we use the same account with the same calendar, contact, etc? Or she will be able to use her own icloud account?

2. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Either will work, she could havE her own cloud account for email and such or you could share.

It seems that it would be wise to just keep using the same account as you now do and then use your own current emails. I can't see a reason why you would benefit from having different cloud accounts.

3. rcorai thread starter macrumors member

rcorai

Thanks for your reply. What about the iPad sync? I want to keep syncing my iPad wit my mbp but I would like to sync her iPad on her new mbp without lose any app purchased. Both laptops are in the same ip address and use the same iTunes account. It is my home network.
    Some threads I read say that is not possible to do it but other say that I can. :rolleyes: