Two MBA's (11 & 13) or MBA 13 + iPad 2 ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by CHSeifert, Jul 26, 2011.

1. CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Anyone having the same dilemma out there ?

My iPad 2 White is delayed and I now consider going with 2 MBA's instead - one maxed out MBA 13 Ultimate (Note taking, Pages, Numbers, Aperture and photoshop on the fly - have iMac 27 SSD Ultimate & ACD 27 led at home) and one MBA 11 128 SSD instead of the iPad 2 - anyone having the same idea ?

2. urkel macrumors 68030

IMO, two different products is better to own than two different sizes of the same product.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Agreed. The iPad 2 can't be beat in terms of portability, and if you already have a maxed out MBA, you have all your portable bases covered.

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

The cool thing about iPad is that it contains GPS and 3G (depending on model) chipsets. This gives it additional functionality not available on an MBA. Thus I don't see these two products as necessarily equal in terms of features and functionality. It is up to you to decide what functionality you need and then make your product decisions based on that.

5. CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

I use my IPhone 4 for GPS and 3G connection - will tether from that.
    Have 10 GB/month subscription on my 3G provider.

Will never use gps on my iPad - nor listen to music on it - nor take photos with it. For all this I use the better choice, my iPhone 4.

iPad is good for PDF reading and ebooks and the battery life can't be beat. All other things, the MBA 11 excels in doing in my view.

6. johnc22 macrumors 6502

Because there's a huge difference between the battery life on the 11" MBA and the iPad 2, I'd go iPad 2 for a smaller, more portable device.

That is my setup, MBA 13" Ultimate, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB and an iPhone 4 for tethering when necessary.

I have an overseas trip next month and am debating whether to take the MBA or the iPad. The iPhone 4 will be in Airplane mode the entire time.

7. UCF Sam macrumors regular

Really, lol? There is hardly a difference between the 11/13. I could maybe see you debating getting a 11 or iPad 2 if you had a 15/17 MBP. Easy choice, iPad 2.

8. mfr1340 macrumors regular

1 of each

I gave my ipad2 to my wife when I decided that I wanted more from the ipad, but a little while later I was missing my ipad. So I got another ipad2. Things are good now, but now I want the 13"

9. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

If you have a 13" MBA, the 11" substitutes, but the iPad complements.