Two MBP '07 questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheRiseofTheFal, Jul 30, 2009.

1. TheRiseofTheFal macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

I'm usually the go to guy with mac questions, but my girlfriend's sister and mom are both having problems with their MBP's both '07's.

The sister's computer has gone into permanent caps lock and there's no way to shut it off. Restarts, SMC Resets, Pram resets...nothing out of luck...any advice?

the mom's computer's idvd refuses to burn dvd's. itll go through the whole burn process and then say the disc is invalid.

In both situations they've taken it to the apple store and haven't gotten any answers.

I figured this would be my best option for getting an answer. Anyone experience this stuff/know what to do??

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Do you not have AppleCare?

Sounds like the first one either needs a new keyboard or logic board, but the second may just need a new DVD drive.
    This is assuming the software is up to date on both.

3. TheRiseofTheFal thread starter macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

sorry about that to clarify yes they do, but after spending hours at both apple store where we had to sit and wait for the genius to do a practice dvd and fail, and saying there's nothing wrong with the caps lock one, and then hours on the phone, saying that we need to go back to the apple store...kind of at wits end

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Call AppleCare. Tell them everything that happened so far and be kind, but firm about the fact that your computers aren't working. Explain how you aren't pleased that they can't get your computer working correctly.;)

If that doesn't work, sjobs@apple.com