Two MBP, what to do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jp1016, Jul 6, 2013.

1. jp1016 macrumors newbie

As the title suggests, I have two MBP that I am retiring, and buying a 13" MBA within the coming weeks.

The first MBP is a 13" that is quite scratched up, and has 2 dents in the front cover, and a few stickers that I'm sure I can remove. The battery also no longer holds a charge, so it always has to be plugged in. Its the 2010 model, so it has a core 2 duo inside. The back is also quite scratched and missing the 4 black bumper things (I don't even know how that happened). The computer itself works fine aside from the physical damage...

The second MBP is a 15" from 2009, also a core 2 duo. This has a dent in the front cover, when a moron dropped a coffee mug onto the closed laptop...but that's aside from the point. There are a few tiny scratches on the back, but that's the extent of the damage.

Both laptops are 10.8.4.

I realize that my 13" is pretty much junk, and the 15" is not far ahead. My question, is what can I do with these laptops? If possible, I'd like to make some sort of money off of them to go towards buying a mba, but I'm not sure they're even worth anything.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

Stick them on ebay with plenty of photos and a detailed description with a low starting price (99p /99c) you will be surprised how much you get for them

3. Buckaye macrumors member

yeah I agree with the ebay comment as long and you make the condition super clear in pictures and description.

Another thing you might consider is looking for a charity that provides used computers to schools with lower income children - they often have someone who refurbishes them etc before giving to the school... won't help you get money obviously... but will buy you karma :)

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Based on how you beat up your machines I'd think your main concern would be what you're going to do differently to take care of the new one you just ordered? :eek:

5. DarkoDonnie macrumors member

DarkoDonnie

haha i loved reading the haggard condition of these machines.

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

eBay or Craigslist. You could probably get a few hundred for the 2009 but probably not much for the 2010. Lots of people out there like to buy machines to tinker with though.

7. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I agree with putting them on Craigslist as well. Have them make you an offer and hopefully make some quick cash.