Two metal bands, which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by rob.james.arias, Jun 1, 2015.

1. rob.james.arias, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

2. Wmwelch macrumors newbie

Personally I like the first one the best.
    Wendy

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

+1 The first one is much nicer. The second is just an average watch band.

4. rob.james.arias thread starter macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

Thanks you two. I am thinking that the mesh may be my dress up band and the link my work band. I have worn both equal amounts of time today and noticed the link band pulls hair a bit. Not a fan of that.

5. InAustralia macrumors 6502

InAustralia

Sorry, but to be honest I don't think either of the bands look very good.

The first band is better band of what you have, but I think it looks a bit too feminine for you.

The two tones in the second band make it look awful and combined with the aluminium casing you have three different coloured metals all clashing. I think the second band would have looked much nicer if it was a uniform colour and you had a stainless steel watch.

That's just my opinion though. As long as you like the combination that's all that's important.

6. soya macrumors 6502

soya

I agree. Watch Sport does not match well with metal bands in general.. Out of the 2, I believe the first one looks better..

7. *GeekChic macrumors member

I have watches with 2 tones, so I like the look of the link band...the different tones add interest. I like the mesh one too. Hard to pick a favorite, they're both nice. The adapters look more streamlined than some I've seen. I disagree about the metal bands not working with the sport, they look fine to me!

8. rob.james.arias, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

rob.james.arias thread starter macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

I appreciate that opinion. Actually that is kind of what I was going for, I am a bit of an alpha male in every regard. To top that off I have an eccentric taste in fashion and will pair semi-effeminate items randomly with my wardrobe to offset or compliment my physique and persona. Today I wore white wing tips with skinny jeans... I have a shaved head and a very full beard... I consider myself a bit of a peacock ;-)

9. InAustralia macrumors 6502

InAustralia

I don't mind two tone watch bands, but I think the light silver colour is a bit too light. I think it would look better if it was gold or a darker colour (again just my opinion).

10. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Agreed. I don't like the two toned look on that part. I don't mind it on the band but the connector part should match the aluminum better IMO....

11. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Exactly. It makes the band look more premium than the aluminum watch itself. Nothing against Sport model, just a personal opinion about finding good matches..

12. BravoRomeoHotel macrumors member

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your adapters?

13. Peepo macrumors 6502a

The 2nd one looks better but I notice that the way the pin connects to the lug it seems like it is a bit crooked.
    The right side is down further but maybe this is not as noticeable in real life and just the picture?

14. rob.james.arias thread starter macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

The band is quite nifty, it has about .5mm slack on each side of the top of the band and can slide. When it does there is a metal spring loaded sheath that slides out keeping the pins always hidden.

15. rob.james.arias thread starter macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

The adapters came from the amazon seller YESOO.

16. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

I used to not be a fan of the mesh but after seeing your pic (along with others), I think I am now. Digging this for sure. Was this bought from Yesoo on Amazon as well?

17. webworks415 macrumors 6502

The Milanese looking one looks best...I love link bands but the 2nd one just doesn't look nice to me.