Two metal bands, which do you prefer?

rob.james.arias

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Thanks you two. I am thinking that the mesh may be my dress up band and the link my work band. I have worn both equal amounts of time today and noticed the link band pulls hair a bit. Not a fan of that.

InAustralia

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Sorry, but to be honest I don't think either of the bands look very good.

The first band is better band of what you have, but I think it looks a bit too feminine for you.

The two tones in the second band make it look awful and combined with the aluminium casing you have three different coloured metals all clashing. I think the second band would have looked much nicer if it was a uniform colour and you had a stainless steel watch.

That's just my opinion though. As long as you like the combination that's all that's important.

*GeekChic

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
I have watches with 2 tones, so I like the look of the link band...the different tones add interest. I like the mesh one too. Hard to pick a favorite, they're both nice. The adapters look more streamlined than some I've seen. I disagree about the metal bands not working with the sport, they look fine to me!

Reactions: rob.james.arias

rob.james.arias

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Sorry, but to be honest I don't think either of the bands look very good.

The first band is better band of what you have, but I think it looks a bit too feminine for you.

The two tones in the second band make it look awful and combined with the aluminium casing you have three different coloured metals all clashing. I think the second band would have looked much nicer if it was a uniform colour and you had a stainless steel watch.

That's just my opinion though. As long as you like the combination that's all that's important.

I appreciate that opinion. Actually that is kind of what I was going for, I am a bit of an alpha male in every regard. To top that off I have an eccentric taste in fashion and will pair semi-effeminate items randomly with my wardrobe to offset or compliment my physique and persona. Today I wore white wing tips with skinny jeans... I have a shaved head and a very full beard... I consider myself a bit of a peacock ;-)

Last edited:

InAustralia

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I have watches with 2 tones, so I like the look of the link band...the different tones add interest. I like the mesh one too. Hard to pick a favorite, they're both nice. The adapters look more streamlined than some I've seen. I disagree about the metal bands not working with the sport, they look fine to me!
I don't mind two tone watch bands, but I think the light silver colour is a bit too light. I think it would look better if it was gold or a darker colour (again just my opinion).

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I agree. Watch Sport does not match well with metal bands in general.. Out of the 2, I believe the first one looks better..
Agreed. I don't like the two toned look on that part. I don't mind it on the band but the connector part should match the aluminum better IMO....

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Agreed. I don't like the two toned look on that part. I don't mind it on the band but the connector part should match the aluminum better IMO....
Exactly. It makes the band look more premium than the aluminum watch itself. Nothing against Sport model, just a personal opinion about finding good matches..

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
The 2nd one looks better but I notice that the way the pin connects to the lug it seems like it is a bit crooked.
The right side is down further but maybe this is not as noticeable in real life and just the picture?

rob.james.arias

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
The 2nd one looks better but I notice that the way the pin connects to the lug it seems like it is a bit crooked.
The right side is down further but maybe this is not as noticeable in real life and just the picture?
The band is quite nifty, it has about .5mm slack on each side of the top of the band and can slide. When it does there is a metal spring loaded sheath that slides out keeping the pins always hidden.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I used to not be a fan of the mesh but after seeing your pic (along with others), I think I am now. Digging this for sure. Was this bought from Yesoo on Amazon as well?

I purchased two metal bands. One reminds me of a steel mesh band I had on a skagen (linked a picture to watch) a while back that I really liked very much. The other has that classic steel link look. What do you guys/ladies like or prefer?

image hosting more than 5mb

host image online

upload pic

free upload pictures

free photo hosting

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
The Milanese looking one looks best...I love link bands but the 2nd one just doesn't look nice to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.