Two mice at once?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stripshooter, Mar 7, 2012.

1. stripshooter macrumors newbie

Just purchased a MacBook Pro and reconfiguring my office/recording setup. I do work on two seperate desks because of the size of some equipment (midi keyboard). I have a display on the secondary desk mirroring my MacBook display. I would prefer a mouse on each desk because editing audio is seems difficult on the trackpad. Can I use two bluetooth mice on the same computer? Or one wired and one bluetooth?

2. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I use a Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse on my iMac and it works just fine. I do wonder how it'd handle two of the same mice though (like two Magic Mouses). But it'd probably work.

3. rainydays macrumors 6502a

There is no limit on the amount of HIDs you can connect. Besides the trackpad on the macbook, i have one magic trackpad, one mouse and one wacom tablet connected. No problems there.
    Two of the same bluetooth devices shouldn't be a problem either since they all have specific IDs.

4. iMarvin macrumors 6502

iMarvin

i once had a razer orochi a magic mouse and a magic trackpad connected at once, worked fine :)

5. stripshooter thread starter macrumors newbie

6. frank4 macrumors regular

frank4

I use a MagicMouse (bluetooth) and wired 2 button Logitech mouse at same time on my Mac Mini, no problem. The MM is indeed cool but I prefer the feel of the old wired mouse for detailed work, and get less handstrain.

The system settings I use for each mouse are slightly different however, so if I expect to use one for an extended period of time I tweak its settings. Would be nice if there was no need to make this adjustment.