Two microphones on Series 2.

Defender2010

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
England
Looks like the series 2 now has two microphone holes where her original had one. Guess (combined with S2) Siri will work a lot better now. Looking forward to the reviews before I decide to update.

Reactions: Arran

frjpsmacrumors

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2015
Looks like the series 2 now has two microphone holes where her original had one. Guess (combined with S2) Siri will work a lot better now. Looking forward to the reviews before I decide to update.
I can't believe there are no comments on this as I noticed the two holes too and am hoping for better microphone. Was also hoping for louder speaker as making phone calls is pretty useless right now, but nothing from Apple on this.

Reactions: Arran

mbh

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
The reason for the second hole may be to help water drain out, like opening two holes in the top of a can of juice.

I wouldn't doubt that the microphone is better, though. That's the kind of thing Apple likes to improve.

Reactions: lordofthereef

Defender2010

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
England
I can't believe there are no comments on this as I noticed the two holes too and am hoping for better microphone. Was also hoping for louder speaker as making phone calls is pretty useless right now, but nothing from Apple on this.
I know. People are too busy moaning about 1mm thicker and missing headphone jacks haha.

Luba

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
I think I a review and it said it's two holes, not two mic's.

jido

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2010
Looks like at least one member jumped the gun in purchasing the Series 2 because they thought there were two microphones.
I don't know about that but there are reports that Siri works better on it, so the buyer may like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.