Two minor problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Watabou, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

They are not too bothering but here they are:

1. I thought I would get iWork and Office 2004 to try out for 30 days? It's not in my MBP. I searched and searched but I can't find them. I want to see how iWork was and was wondering if I really need Office.

2. Also, I just notices in my left speaker grill, there is a small dent. I didn't cause this and this MBP is just about 2 weeks old. Can I get it repaired under the warranty? Or will Apple tell me to pay for any physical damage? You can't see the dent unless you really look hard for it but it still bothers me that my MBP's form factor isn't as perfect as the next guy's and such.

Thanks

2. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

3. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

Download and try iWork here

Is you machine refurbished? if yes then maybe there is nothing you can do, if not then you should try but if it is so insignificant (as you said) you might as well live with it instead of 'maybe' making a fool of yourself at the Apple store.

4. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

Bring it into the Genius Bar for them to look at. That is, if you are close by one.

5. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Not sure how well it will work to take it in, since it's been 2 weeks since purchase. Unless you JUST noticed the dent, it would've been better to take it in immediately. But, go ahead and try.

6. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

It's new. I just went to the Apple store and said it had a dent in it. And I found out that it had been 12 days since I purchased my MBP.

They were like "You can exchange it for a new one" and I said yes please and right now I'm typing this on a new MBP. yay...go Apple! Perfect right now. Now yellow screen...thank science! I was apprehensive about this one.

Also, no dents and such or anything.

7. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels