Two mistakes during the keynote = =!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nerdAFK, Sep 13, 2014.

1. nerdAFK macrumors regular

nerdAFK

That camera is just moving everywhere.:D

You can't argue it's because of different perspectives, cause that would make the top side visible.

Some would say "Steve would never allow this".

But seriously, whoever made this rendering is careless and do not deserve to be hired by Apple.

1.jpg

2.jpg

2. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

Tim Cook made a mistake, he said "So that's the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6" (or something, he definitely repeated the iPhone 6 but I'm not sure on the context).

Ooh, that is some bizarre rendering. Perhaps intentional? Definitely wrong though.

3. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

I noticed that too! I just assumed I misheard him but glad to know my hearings fine lol

4. Izauze macrumors 6502

It's perspective the opposite way. So it would make the bottom side visible if we could see the bottom.

5. bp1000 macrumors 65816

So Tim cook isn't the terminator and apple campus isn't run by machines

That's refreshing :D

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Spot on. The terminator is cool.

7. nerdAFK thread starter macrumors regular

nerdAFK

Huh?

8. Izauze macrumors 6502

Is it that hard? If you turned a phone towards you, you would see the top edge. If you turn the phone away from you, you would see the bottom edge.

In the second photo, the protruding camera's position lowers, and you see more of the bottom edge of the buttons… As expected.

9. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

10. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

11. nerdAFK thread starter macrumors regular

nerdAFK

Huh?

In order to lower the camera position, you should look from the top down, not the other way around.

Stop random imagining and pick up your phone and see it for real.

BTW, for your question, it is really not that hard. You really can't argue this, nor does anyone else.

12. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

Ba ha ha ha ha haaaaa.

13. Primus84 macrumors 6502

The remarkable thing is, given how long the keynote is, how few mistakes were made!

14. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

i remembering before iphone keynote alot audiance claps their hand , now everyone just watch ,

1 things funny about cook are

we are making a best product >>>> why he always mention this

steve never saying a best product but product are the best ,,,

cook opposite steve

15. Izauze macrumors 6502

Ok.

My pointer finger marks the camera. When straight on, it is near the top. When I rotate the phone away from me, it lowers. Again - as expected.

But whatevs - it's not really worth getting upset about.

Attached Files:

16. nyc2pdx macrumors 6502

Hmmm...I didn't really hear the mistakes because some Chinese woman was talking too loud during like half the keynote.

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I've always wondered if someone from Apple reads these forums.

If you do, please ignore these threads. Its just launch week banter. We're not serious. I know it sounds crazy, but just go with it.

18. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I noticed that the guy (too lazy to look him up) doing the demo on :apple:watch, he was speaking on how great the crown was as a tool; yet using the screen to swipe. :cool:

19. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Youre point on perspectives are fine. My question is, why would Apple change the perspective in shots like this? There is literally no reason to do so, especially in a rendering...

20. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

Most of the press photos have the camera bump removed, at least they showed it.

21. Izauze macrumors 6502

Yeah, that I can't speak to… I'd like to see it in context but not enough to go scrub through the keynote. My one thought is that with the phone tilted away from you, that it very slightly accentuates how thin the phone is up where the mm markings are located.

22. dotme macrumors 6502a

I can't explain the top pic, but the lower pic I assumed to be reflection from the stainless steel Apple logo on the back, not the camera. Could be wrong though...

23. cynics macrumors G4

You are technically looking up at those pictures.

The perspective has to change.

Hold your iPhone with your pointer finger on the camera and look at it so the top is near level with your eyes. Now pretend that phone got taller (like in the picture) and raise the phone up without moving your head/eyes. The camera will be lower overall because now you are looking up at it.

24. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I figured I was looking directly from the side, just close up on one than the other...

25. cynics macrumors G4

I made this very scientific example of what we are seeing so we can all wrap our minds around this optical illusion.

This is two packs of playing cards that represent phones (lol) the stainless steel bits represent the cameras (lol). They are offset to show the red pack is a bigger phone but you can see the stainless steel bits are in the exact same spot on each.

[​IMG]

Now if we take a picture of them keeping the top of the blue pack level then that means we are going to be looking upward at the taller red pack.

[​IMG]

MAGICALLY making the camera look lower. Btw I was cracking up making this.

BTW it would have taken two pictures to actually depict how Apple did it. But at long as one is taller and the camera is in the "back" it will give the optical illusion of being lower. I just used one pic so it was clear what is happening.