Two monitors through 13inch TB Macbookpro 13inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bridgesldn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. bridgesldn macrumors newbie

I have an early 2011 13inch MacbookPro with thunderbolt and also 8gb of ram, I currently have it hooked up to a dell u2311 monitor. Is it possible that i could hook it up to another one? If so how would this be possible? or if i cant do it at the moment will an appropriate adapter be released so i can daisy chain two non thunderbolt displays?

2. simsaladimbamba

As the 13" MBP only has an integrated graphics processor (IGP), it is not able to have more than one additional display connected to it.
    Maybe you can use one of the many USB-to-VGA/DVI adapters out there, which should be enough for displaying text or simple graphical elements on another external display, thus you would have the 13" display, then the Dell display connected via Mini DisplayPort and then another third display via aforementioned adapter.

3. MagicBoy, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

The Intel graphics will support two displays. The Lenovo Thinkpad T420 I use at work quite happily supports any two displays across the laptop screen/DP/DVI/VGA ports available.

EDIT : Dual Thunderbolt 27" displays will work but will disable the laptop screen - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4885

The only option I can think of for using dual non-Apple Thunderbolt displays would be something like the Matrox DualHead2Go.

USB video adaptors suck. Don't go there!