Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakr

macrumors regular
Original poster
...about the problems plaguing the new iMacs?

I looked through some of the threads that reported problems with the new iMacs, and they seem to go back to about mid-October/late-October, and here it is, the third week in December, and there isn't an "official" peep from Apple about any of them?

My I7 iMac is supposed to ship on 24 December, which will make it what, a Week 51 unit? I'm expecting the entire catastrophe...cracked glass, flickering, yellow fever, and a loud hard drive. :eek:

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Anyone who is expecting to hear anything from Apple, obviously doesn't know much about how Apple operates. They will play stupid until a class action lawsuit FORCES them to admit something is wrong.

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
I don't follow? You say you ordered in mid-october? And still haven't received it?

If that's so, then you can follow it up with them, and demand why you didn't even receive an iMac back when they were first released.

Kind Regards

Joel

hakr

macrumors regular
Original poster
I don't follow? You say you ordered in mid-october? And still haven't received it?

If that's so, then you can follow it up with them, and demand why you didn't even receive an iMac back when they were first released.

Kind Regards

Joel

If you are referring to me, I said the problem reports seem to go back to mid-October.

I ordered my iMac last week...and got an email stating shipping on 24 December and delivery on 30 December. I guess that means I'll be getting a week 51/52 machine...

SilenceBe

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
Belgium
Anyone who is expecting to hear anything from Apple, obviously doesn't know much about how Apple operates. They will play stupid until a class action lawsuit FORCES them to admit something is wrong.
Does remind me of something. I've read a couple of years ago about a class action lawsuit (we don't have those in Belgium btw) with regards of the uneven screen -

Do anybody knows what the outcome was of that lawsuit ?

EDIT : found the links
http://www.trick77.com/2008/04/01/apple-being-sued-for-imac-display-quality/
http://www2.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-31-2008/0004783365&EDATE=

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
the big problem is apple knows they have loyal customers who buy anything with the apple logo on if it looks good
so why should they admit anything that could damage their image , i mean if they admit that the iMac 27 has big quality issues , i dont think that would be good for sales , so as long as they can keep it quiet the sales will continue to rise

so just be happy to get your iMac on 30th december and keep prepared that you might have to return it a couple times until you get a working one
but to be fair some good ones slipped through , dont know if that was intended by apple or if that was poor luck

at least thats the picture you get if you look up forums around the world which are full of the little probs of the new iMac

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
...about the problems plaguing the new iMacs?

I looked through some of the threads that reported problems with the new iMacs, and they seem to go back to about mid-October/late-October, and here it is, the third week in December, and there isn't an "official" peep from Apple about any of them?

My I7 iMac is supposed to ship on 24 December, which will make it what, a Week 51 unit? I'm expecting the entire catastrophe...cracked glass, flickering, yellow fever, and a loud hard drive. :eek:

Well, with that kind of positive attitude, I would expect it as well.

Thousands of them have been just fine.

lemonade-maker

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
Why would you order it if you see unresolved issues since October? Makes no sense. You should cancel your order until the problems you are concerned with are resolved or get something else.

lemonade-maker

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
If I see unresolved issues? Apparently there are a few more than I
seeing unresolved issues.

Ok. The question is still, why would you order a machine that has known issues? Sorta like eating meat you know has ecoli.

RaySpotter

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2009
Vancouver BC
Mine is a week 50 build and its perfect
I have noticed something on the apple logo situated on the front chin. The top arc of the apple stem is not as nicely punched out as the bottom arc.:D

seriously
+1 ..........197 to go

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
The problems are similar on both the 21.5" and 27" iMacs. My brand new 21.5" imac I received last week was perfect :) until I noticed a yellowish tinge at the lower half of the screen whenever a white background page such as the Apple's home page or similar was displayed.

I had no idea some iMacs had this problem before I ordered one. Mine was from week 49, and hopefully the replacement won't have the problem. However, some week 50 iMacs still have the same problem.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I'm expecting the entire catastrophe...cracked glass, flickering, yellow fever, and a loud hard drive.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame that you can't just enjoy life instead of being a worry-wart.

Best of luck,
Bryan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.