Two MS Word questions...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arsimoun, Feb 7, 2013.

1. arsimoun macrumors member

1) I am a convert from the dark side of the Force. In that other netherworld operating system, when you hit shift-F3 inside of MS WORD, Word toggles between capitalizing the first letter, capitalizing all letters or making all the letters lower case. How do I do this in MS WORD on my rMBP?

2) I can highlight text by holding down the trackpad and dragging my finger, but I wondered if there were a gesture way to accomplish the same thing? Holding down the track pad while dragging my fingers to highlight text feels a little awkward to me. I may get used to it; I may have to get used to it, but if there is another way to select and highlight text, I would love to know about it!

Thanks much for your help. I am VERY much enjoying my newfound universe.

Adam Rodman

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Personally, I prefer this method for mass-selecting text:
    • Click once at the beginning of the area to select
    • Move mouse pointer to end
    • Shift+Click

Alas, I know of no gestures for selecting text.

3. arsimoun thread starter macrumors member

Ms word how to question

Thanks for the tips. I have been spelunking around the Internet and in addition to the technique you described, it is also possible to use the cmd, option, and control keys in combination with the shift key to highlight a word, line, paragraph or page at a time. This, combined with your technique, should make things work a lot better.

Now, if only I could figure out the shift-F3 issue! :eek:

Adam Rodman

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Personally I think the Windows Office running in Crossover for Mac to be way better than this sorry excuse of a software which is Office for Mac.