Two new 3GS iPhones. Two VERY different screen temperatures.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WilliamG, Jun 19, 2009.

1. WilliamG macrumors 604

What with all this talk about the iPhone 3GS having a warmer screen than the 3G, I was interested to see that both my 3GS and my wife's 3GS have very different screen temps. Hers is MUCH warmer, almost to the point of being blatantly yellow, whereas mine is close to my iPhone 3G. A very neutral, not quite blueish white to the screen...

I know it's impossible to have 2 LCD screens the same, but MAN is the difference obvious here...

2. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

If you could take a picture it would help.

3. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

4. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

Just grabbed mine this morning and was so happy to immediately notice the screen was noticeably cooler than my 3g. Not even a hint of yellow. It's more blue/white like the original ipod touch. I couldnt be happier, videos on it look amazing. No more pixelating blacks and light leaks like on my 3G either.

5. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

Yep, further proof that there really isn't probably any difference between the LCDs on the 3G and 3GS. It really just comes down to the luck of the draw. Gizmodo was inaccurate.

http://gizmodo.com/5293388/iphone-3gs-review

Mine looks like the one on the left. Wife's looks like the one on the right.