OS X Two new iOS-to-Mac ports are 64-bit games!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Solomani, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

This was an eyebrow raiser for me.... I rarely see a Mac App Store game that says "64-bit processor required" in its System Requirements. But what's even more interesting is.... that these two new games are recently ported iOS apps, that are now appearing on Apple's Mac App Store.

I don't think that I've even seen or played a single Feral/Aspyr ported AAA game that "requires" a 64-bit processor to this day. Have they published one yet? The only other Mac native game I know that really uses 64-bit processor is X-Plane.

Anyways.... these are the two newly released Mac App Store "64-bit processor required" games:

Battle Supremacy (a tank game)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battle-supremacy/id781457927?mt=12

Real Boxing (a boxing game, using the Unreal engine)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/real-boxing/id747824928?mt=12

2. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

well basically it just requires anything equal to or higher than Intel Core 2 Duo, which is similar to Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) or above

perhaps it's just a different way of saying requiring OS X 10.8 (which it also states) ?

3. cal6n, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014

cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Agreed. But it also means that any older Macs that have been hacked to enable Mountain Lion or Mavericks are specifically excluded from tech support.

*edit* Sorry, I was wrong. They've left themselves wide open to the "Why aren't you supporting my Mac Pro 1,1 with a PC graphics card? It's got a 64-bit CPU and has 10.9 shoe-horned onto it." crowd. Expect tears before bedtime...

4. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Battle Supremacy looks cool. I want to try that game.

5. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

As of March 3, a few short days from release, Battle Supremacy is now the #1 Paid App on the Mac App Store.

Not sure why this game isn't getting more attention, as this is the the ONLY native MacOSX app that is the closest thing to World of Tanks (which has no OSX version). I'm not saying it's as good or as detailed as World of Tanks, but at under $5 (no IAPs), not a shabby game at all for the price. :)