Two Numbers, One iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Yiwen727, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Yiwen727 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Here's my situation I'm hoping someone can help. I live in Canada but frequently travel to the US. I have two active SIMs (One with Rogers and one with Sprint) I realized that when I switch my SIM in my 5S (iOS 8.0.2), I only have one phone number listed under iMessage for my phone. Is there a way I can get both numbers registered to my iphone? This is causing massive problems for me since any imessages sent to my Canadian # while I'm Stateside get lost forever.

Here's what I've tried:
    Turn off iMessage, insert SIM 1, reactivate iMessage. Remove SIM 1 repeat with SIM 2

Active iMessage with SIM 1. Turn phone off and remove SIM 1. Insert SIM 2 turn phone on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated since I really don't want to drop $600 on a phone I'll use *maybe* 3 weeks out of the year.

2. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

No not unless they are using your email, if im correct

3. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Try getting a dual SIM card adapter. I had one for my 4 a while ago. Havering your contacts use email is another way. Finally, I use only one account and use google voices text capability, tapatalk, and magicjack to get around the need for another sim or account provided I have Internet access on the first.