two of same app in multitasking bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethan028, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

2. kiantech macrumors regular

Hold the icon, click the red - on each to close them. Reboot the phone...looks like a glitch, and it also looks like you have a jailbroken phone which can cause weird things to happen.

3. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

I did all of that and no its not the jailbreak i copied a 4.2 backup over a 4.1... but i still have no clue on how to fix it.. please help?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Here's your problem. Never restore from a backup that was made from a higher firmware or a beta. Your only fix is to restore and setup your iPhone as a new phone.

5. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Gah, i can't do that though i will lose everything...my folders, my game saves, and everything else.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Then you'll be stuck with two Cameras and other glitches that could impact the overall performance of the iPhone.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Another option would be to restore a previous back-up (from before you upgraded to 4.2) if your on a Mac and have Time Machine enabled.

Or go to your Settings> Devices and hope that your previous back-up was not over written by the upgrade.

8. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

For a month or so until iOS 4.2 comes out and his firmware catches up again.