Two of the same application oopen at once

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tayross13, Aug 7, 2013.

1. tayross13 macrumors newbie

HI. I have an application on my computer that opens twice when restarting my computer. My two main problems with this are 1) why does it automatically open when I restart my computer and 2) why do TWO copies of the same application open at once:mad:!!?? both function fine. Can anybody help?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What app is it?

You can check the following locations for apps that automatically launch on startup and delete any you don't need/want:
    • System Preferences > Users & Groups > yourusername > Login Items (SL and older: System Preferences > Accounts > yourusername > Login Items)
    • In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > /Library/LaunchAgents
    • In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/LaunchAgents
    • In Finder, click Go > Go to Folder > /Library/StartupItems

3. tayross13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok I'll do that! do you know where I could check my computer to see why its opening twice?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You still didn't answer the question about which app you're talking about. Also, if you go through the list I posted, that may solve your problem.

5. tayross13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok I'll go through that list and see if that fixes it. Its called Meastro2 by Apogee. It's a interface software for production.

6. tayross13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured out now that with in my "startup" apps, there are ones selected that dont start up and the ones that do start up are not selected. So this makes things even more complicated.