Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrazyNurse

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for that. I have plenty of those cables laying around.

I won’t be doing a raid and I may end up putting it in a drive bay. It’s just going to be used as a bootable clone to my main install, since TM failed me when I needed it, I’ve moved to CCC and maintain a clone now but the drive I’m using is excruciatingly slow. If I have to start tapping power, it’s probably not worth the effort to set it up on the Solo x2.

Were you able to hookup another SSD to your Solo x2? Did it affect the performance of the original SSD on the card? Asking because its impossible to find the Duo cards anymore.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Were you able to hookup another SSD to your Solo x2? Did it affect the performance of the original SSD on the card? Asking because its impossible to find the Duo cards anymore.

No I haven’t yet. I’m still looking for a Duo. Powering the second SSD for the Solo x2 is an issue for me. I have no free drive bays or optical bays.

CrazyNurse

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
No I haven’t yet. I’m still looking for a Duo. Powering the second SSD for the Solo x2 is an issue for me. I have no free drive bays or optical bays.
Ah, ok. I have a spare molex that used to power some card I pulled. I should have grabbed a duo last year.

Attachments

• power cable.jpg
    power cable.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
Reactions: crjackson2134
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.