Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fontane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Well, I was a big fan of ios 7 at first, but I've had many of the same issues that people on this board have been with plagued with.

Two persistent issues that I can't permanently fix:

1) My iphone 5 sometimes doesn't connect to my home wi-fi. I have to manually connect it and then enter my password again.

2) Sometimes iMessage just stops sending messages. I can fix it by resetting network settings which then reboots my phone, but I usually don't notice there's a problem until I haven't received a reply to a text.

I see others having the same problems but haven't found any permanent fixes.

To be honest, I'm quite surprised Apple released such buggy software. There are always frustrated users after every update, but this time it seems different. This is the same experience I had when Android started going downhill. I'm hoping Apple acknowledges the problems and sends out some updates soon.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
1. You could try resetting network settings and then joining it again. It might work. Also, reset your router.

2. Known issue. Expect it to be fixed soon in 7.0.3.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Apple has already addressed your #2 - 7.0.3 coming late this week or next week

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...sing-imessage-issues-says-fix-is-in-the-works

Have you considered a clean restore to iOS7 ?
Set up as new, do not restore to backup.

That has fixed almost everyone's issues.

I have three iDevices, both on 7.0.2, all done as set up as new, did not restore to any backup and NONE of them has any of the issues mentioned here (once I tweaked the settings correctly)

Fontane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Apple has already addressed your #2 - 7.0.3 coming late this week or next week

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...sing-imessage-issues-says-fix-is-in-the-works

I have three iDevices, both on 7.0.2, all done as set up as new, did not restore to any backup and NONE of them has any of the issues mentioned here (once I tweaked the settings correctly)

I think I will try a clean restore now. I have icloud backup enabled. Can I restore from icloud to get some of the settings/data for apps as well as saved text messages? Or does that defeat the purpose? I really don't want to lose some text messages I have saved.

----------

Upon further investigation, I think the two issues I listed are related.

I believe that resetting network settings to fix the imessage issue causes the device to lose all stored wifi passwords. So the imessage fix should hopefully fix both issues because it will no longer be necessary to reset network settings.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008

I did my initial iOS 7 upgrade as a clean install.

I've been having the iMessage problems, as well as now my home network is sometimes having connection problems.

lrsmithwhaley

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2013
I think I will try a clean restore now. I have icloud backup enabled. Can I restore from icloud to get some of the settings/data for apps as well as saved text messages? Or does that defeat the purpose? I really don't want to lose some text messages I have saved.

----------

Upon further investigation, I think the two issues I listed are related.

I believe that resetting network settings to fix the imessage issue causes the device to lose all stored wifi passwords. So the imessage fix should hopefully fix both issues because it will no longer be necessary to reset network settings.

Correct, every time you reset your network settings, it also resets your passwords.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.