Two Phone favorite Tabs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xerxers, Nov 10, 2008.

1. xerxers macrumors member

Does anybody know of functionality within the Iphone or an apps that will allow you to have 2 favourite phone Tabs.

For example I use my phone both for personal and business purposes and would like to have separte favorite lists for Private and for Business, so when I am at work I can quickly dial who I need and by the same token when I am away from the office go to a list of persoanl phone numbers.

TIA

Xerxers

2. xerxers thread starter macrumors member

I presume your comment mean that I didn't fully explain myself.

When you open the phone page bottom left there is a tab that says Favorites, I would like to have 2 favorite tabs.

One for business favorites

and

One for private favorites

That way I don't have a tab that has 60 favorites in it.

Tia

Xerxers

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Oh:eek:
    I am pretty sure there is no such option.
    Sorry

4. efice32 macrumors 6502

There's an app in the app store called favorites (link) that I believe allows you to create a favorites list that is different than the phone app favorites list. However the app is $1.99 and it would require having two different apps for your separate favorites lists, so it's not exactly an elegant solution, but it would provide you with the capability you want...as far as I can tell from the app description.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I make different 'groups' in Apple Address Book. This allows me to have a couple of different lists. Dunno if you can do something similar with Windows, but it may be possible.

The only downside is that I have to go to "Contacts" and then hit the "Back" arrow to get back to the list of groups I've made. I still only have 1 "Favorites" list in the bottom left. This doesn't replace that, but it gives me other short lists within the "Contacts" part of the phone. So it's not perfect, but it helps.

6. marisa8184 macrumors newbie

You can do a similar thing if you have outlook. You just go to the Contacts folder in Outlook, right click and go for new folder (contacts variety) name it Work, or Home or whatever, and then just move all those contacts into that folder. On the next sync this will show up as a separate group on the iphone contacts.

I have several groups, work, household, services, family, etc.

All the contacts still show on the All Contacts Group. It's a good solution, but you have to remember to go to contacts rather than the favourites.

7. xerxers thread starter macrumors member

Marisa,

Thank you for your comments and possible solution.

How do you copy the contact information for those that you want to put into the new folder?

Xerxers:)

8. xerxers thread starter macrumors member

Marisa,

Okay discovered how to do everything.

A big thank you, that worked like a charm.

I have used Outlook for the past 10 years or what seems like 10 years and I didn't know about this funtionality......

Just shows ya....never too old to learn......

Xerxers;):):):):):)

9. marisa8184 macrumors newbie

Xerxers

Glad it worked for you.

I don't know how this would work with exchange server (I'm using mobileme), and I suppose that if you then changed to a winmobile device you'd have to copy these all back into a 'main' folder.

It works too for Calendar, and then you get different 'groups' of appointments in different colours, easier to see at a glance if something is work or home etc. I think there are up to 5 different colours.

10. xerxers thread starter macrumors member