Two Phones: iPhone for personal, Berry for business

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JonMan, Mar 8, 2008.

1. JonMan macrumors member

I was wondering what people think about keeping the berry around for strictly business use. My firm does allow me to use my iPhone for business, but I like the idea of having a separate personal phone. Also, if I were to use the iPhone for business, I'm worried that the battery would drain too quickly.

Thoughts?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Once email exchange and other business related items are out on the iPhone, i would then consider just keeping the iPhone, and getting rid of the blackberry.

Having the screen turned down when using the iPhone increases the battery lifetime a lot compared to having the iPhone on full bright. You should be fine.

I use my phone for about 3-5 hours during the day, and i have about 40% of battery left when i get home, with WiFi off, and the screen at about 75% bright.

3. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

Yes I always have a blackberry for business use. My iphone is for fun!

4. T4R06 macrumors 65816

i am too. im using 8310 that company gave it to me for push emails etc. but i have also my iphone as my personal use.
    carrying 2 devices. and sometime 3 if i need to test 3G calls for troubleshooting

5. camarobh macrumors 6502

Love my iPhone but.....

Until mail works in landscape I will use a bb for business.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I wish I could afford to carry both. My last phone was the Pearl and I miss it sometimes, but the iPhone makes those nostalgia pains disappear with a single slide of the unlock bar. :)