TWO PHONES!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 4ppleg1rl, Sep 21, 2017.

1. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

So I have two phones, and I was just wondering how other people used two phones - what for? How did you balance both of them?

I have an S7 which is my old phone, I'm not selling it because I'm keeping it for storage purposes (and as a backup phone just in case something happens to my 7...). I also have the iPhone 7 which is the newer one and main one at the moment. But I didn't just want the S7 to go to waste doing nothing, so not really sure how I can utilise both of them?

At the moment, I'm just using the S7 when my iPhone is charging, because I'm addicted to my phone and obviously can't go more than 10seconds without it *rolls eyes*.

I also don't wanna be paying for 2 sim cards, so the S7 is just running on Wifi atm!

I'm really interested to hear how you guys use both phones!

2. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

3. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I use both of them at the same time,that way I can talk to my wife and mistress simultaneously. It’s a real time saver.

4. 4ppleg1rl thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your helpful comment, be sure to never come back :)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2017 ---
    I was thinking that, but you know I'm single so I don't have to worry about all my flings finding out about each other. We're not official! Any other reasons though?

5. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

iPhone 6s+, iOS 9.0.2 jailbroken, primary phone: Email, text, light web browsing, Apple Pay, PHONE CALLS.
    iPhone 5, iOS 10.3.1, secondary phone: Store payment apps, loyalty cards, financial use.
    iPhone 4s, iOS 6.1.3, jailbroken, tertiary phone: Network monitoring

File Sep 19, 09 42 23.jpeg

6. cleebrown93 macrumors regular

I got two phones. One for the plug and one for the load. Sorry had to do it. I hate that song.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I always keep a back up in a drawer turned off. Not a fanatic, just a regular user

8. PapaBless macrumors newbie

PapaBless

I was waiting for someone to do that

9. PapaBless macrumors newbie

PapaBless

Pretty much the same boat as you. I have an S8 and an iPhone 7 Plus. I keep both charged up and use them depending on my mood. I use the S8 mainly when I'm using the Aux in the car, working out, etc. I also use it as a main when I'm wanting to change things up a bit but ymmv.

10. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

One for work, one for personal. Carry them both at all times.

11. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I have my 6s Plus (hopefully soon to upgraded to an X), and my 5S. The latter is my work phone and the former mine. This allows me to take calls on both and receive messages on both devices - but also to turn off the work phone when I want/need to.

12. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I have a Galaxy S7 as my work device and as of today I have a Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus as my daily driver.

However come tomorrow I may decide on a space gray 8 Plus or I may decide on waiting for the Pixel 2. I honestly am undecided.

I FIND IT ... to be a pain in the butt to have 2 phones. If one isn’t ringing the other is ... then every time I pull one out of my pocket the other comes with it it’s like they stick together. Absolutely agitating...

However I like both phones. The Galaxy S7 is a very nice device.

13. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

My iPhone 5 has been on mute/silent since shortly after adding a line to my account. T-Mob has such turnover with phone numbers that I was getting calls every so many minutes and just didn't want to deal with it. Fortunately it seems to have come down to a once in a while type thing now but highly irritating for a while as this is not my main number and I don't answer it at all.

14. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

I use 7+ as my daily driver, mainly for work. When I go places that I know I don't need anything work related I use an SE. It's small and takes great photos. I just got a basic small model so I force myself not to put a lot of crazy apps on it. That way I focus on what I'm doing out in the real world. I work to much and my 7+ is always in my hand. The only thing I hate about having two phones is my Apple Watch can't quick swap between them. So when I use my SE, it doesn't connect to anything.. maybe one day Apple will have a way to allow the watch to connect to multiple devices. I still think they are missing out on this because people have iPad's too, could quick connect to that to download your data too. Everything is cloud connected... sooooo?? Maybe it's just me..

15. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

Typically I'll use one for the plug and one for the load.

16. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Ditto. 6 for personal, 6S from work. Getting my personal 8 tomorrow. I keep them separate like Church and State (theoretically...)

17. 4ppleg1rl thread starter macrumors regular

GUYS I DON'T WORK. Work phones aren't helping my situation :( How can I balance both of them?! So far, I have Tinder (gotta hunt for that boyfriend) on my S7 and everything else is iPhone!

18. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I have a 7 and SE. Generally I use the SE when I want a more compact form factor phone. My 7 is my daily driver though. But both phones have the same apps installed, etc. Really the SE is nice having piece of mind that if I were to ever drop my 7 and it's damaged beyond use, I can just pop the SIM card out and put it in my SE.

19. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

i use my iPhone 6 for Spotify cuz it got more memory and my iPhone 7 Plus for everything else. I also got my Samsung S something from work but i barely touch it and it stays in my bag after work, otherwise i will never calm down

20. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

Switching between two iPhones is easy, switching between an iPhone and an Android is...not - primarily due to iMessage issues.

It honestly sounds to me like you just need to use the S7 as a backup and call it a day. I'm also trying to figure out how you can afford two expensive cell phones, are single, and somehow don't work.

21. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

Note 8 for work, iPhone for trolling Macrumors.

22. 4ppleg1rl thread starter macrumors regular

Wait, what does me being single have to do with it? I'm a strong, independent lady. And well, I do work... I just don't need a work phone. I'm also a student and I got the S7 when it first came out, just got the iPhone 7 now because I missed iOS too much!

I've decided to just use the S7 for when my iPhone needs charging - DAMN no fast charging! - and also for photos/storage purposes because of the SD card! MAYBE also for music, if the whole lack of a headphone jack gets too irritating for my liking, but I haven't had much of an issue with it at the moment!

23. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I have been carrying an Android phone, an iPhone and a tablet with me for many years. Currently have an iPad Pro 10.5, an iPhone 7 and a Galaxy S8+ while traveling.

As has been noted, if you use iMessage as your primary messaging app, it pretty much locks you into the Apple ecosystem. I do use WhatsApp and Skype with many of my international friends and business associates but here in the USA it's almost entirely done via iMessage and even if I'm willing to change, nobody with an iPhone in my network of friends and family is willing to change.

So what I've done in those few instances when I don't want to carry two different phones:

1) Put iPhone on call forwarding to my Android for inbound calls received on the iPhone.
    2) Use iPad for iMessage and most other app usage.

I've toyed with the idea of just moving my phone number over to the Android phone entirely and may do that at some point. But that does still impact iMessage a bit.

Apple is both super smart and super annoying that they don't offer an Android app for iMessage.

24. Coconut_one macrumors member

I have three phones lol
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Galaxy s8
    That how I roll all on SIM only contracts.lol

25. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

sounds like you need something like this then lol!

[​IMG]

Anthony