Two piece cases for 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BigCanoe, Jan 18, 2009.

1. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

I am looking for a case where I can slide off (easily, without scratching) the bottom for docking in a ProClip mount. Any suggestions?

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Incase slider / Contour Flick?

I am personally using a contour flick atm but the bottom bit doesnt completely detach, its on a rubber hinge sort of thing.

I recommend incase slider of you wanna use docking accessories.

3. BigCanoe thread starter macrumors 6502

I do like that case, but it seems a little pricey. A few others I have found:

iFrogz Luxe
    Griffin Clarifi
    Griffen Elan

Its important to have a case that wont scratch the phone, since I will be taking it off (at least the dock part) daily.

Do the one piece silicone cases stand up to use like that?

4. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I love the Incase Sliders I have a gunmetal one and white one :D

5. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Personally a huge fan of the Seidio Innocase... if you're going to spend 2000+ on a cell phone + contract over 3 years... 30-40 dollars on a case isn't a bad investment... Personally I would stay away from the iFrogz Luxe... with the cheap price comes very cheap quality... I've been through numerous cases including the Luxe and nothing has yet come close to the Seidio....

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Incase Slider all the way, I've used other ones and the Slider is definately the best... That's why it costs more. What makes it the best ( and perfect for you ) is that it has little rubber guard rails on the inside that keep the case from scratching or damaging your phone and they act as little air bags ( without the air ) if you drop it. I've gone through so many phones and just destroy them quickly, that's why I got this case, and even though I baby my phone and have never dropped it... I know that if I do it's safe... Get the Slider.

7. BigCanoe thread starter macrumors 6502

I am starting to rethink my car solution, not sure any case will be that kind to the phone if I have to remove it and apply it twice a day. The Proclip mount I have covers about half of the phone, so any case is gonna have to be removed.