Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
1. For the widgets on the always on display, is there a way that I can get the battery widget to always show my phone's battery. For some reason it is showing the battery level of my Apple Watch. I'm using the small widget so it only shows one device's level, but I haven't been able to figure out how to pick a default device. Anyone know?

2. Is there something I need to do to get things to show up in the DI? For example, how would I get a score to update? What about phone calls? Or, is it all supposed to be automatic?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
1. For the widgets on the always on display, is there a way that I can get the battery widget to always show my phone's battery. For some reason it is showing the battery level of my Apple Watch. I'm using the small widget so it only shows one device's level, but I haven't been able to figure out how to pick a default device. Anyone know?

2. Is there something I need to do to get things to show up in the DI? For example, how would I get a score to update? What about phone calls? Or, is it all supposed to be automatic?
1. If you tap the widget when in customise mode, it will allow you to chose what device to use.

2. The DI isn't for notifications - when I get a call the notification kind of pops out of DI I think, but notifications are displayed as they always have. It's used for system alerts (charging, silent mode etc). For score I think you need to add the scores to your favourites in the TV app.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
1. If you tap the widget when in customise mode, it will allow you to chose what device to use.
Unfortunately, this didn't work. When I tap it, it just brings up the "add widget" screen. I've tried tapping, holding etc but nothing allows me to select the device. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong - any thoughts?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Unfortunately, this didn't work. When I tap it, it just brings up the "add widget" screen. I've tried tapping, holding etc but nothing allows me to select the device. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong - any thoughts?
Go in to customise mode, tap the widget, then tap it again.

Attachments

• 21A9E7DF-C3A8-4F2E-8DF5-A0A3622F6201.png
    21A9E7DF-C3A8-4F2E-8DF5-A0A3622F6201.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 32
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.