Two problems with iphone 4.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dmetz283, May 14, 2011.

1. dmetz283 macrumors member

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 (bought November 2010) that is having a few problems with the home button and volume buttons. The volume button problem seemed to go away with a reboot, but I don't know what caused it or when it appeared. My iphone seemed to change both the volume and ringer volume at the same time and sometimes it didn't change the ringer volume when I was at the home screen.

My other issue is the home button sometimes never works. Sometimes a double press only does a single press and sometimes it doesn't do anything at all.

What do these issues mean? does anyone else have theme?

Also I have the latest fw update.

2. bbmiLo macrumors regular

the home buttom is most likely a software issue.
    some apps you have might be the problem, that was my case.

3. calvinc macrumors member

I had the same problem with the home button. It got it replaced and the issue hasn't occurred since. So I would say it was a hardware issue.

4. 88loco88 macrumors newbie

Same problem with Home button but it is sporadic.. seems like if I have a lot of apps running it doesnt want to work- if I shut them off or reset it usually works again ?? then every once in a while it just doesnt want to work... Frustrating :confused: