Two proof of ID?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inspiring, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Inspiring macrumors newbie

Hi all,

As I am planing to travel to London Apple Store to get a white Iphone 3G, I come across this information from O2:

After some search on the forum, O2 accepts the following:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=514266

The question is, I don't have a driver's license, so I can only bring one proof of ID - my passport, and my Credit Card. Will this work? What is required when you visit the Apple Store in Regent Street, London? Any info is appreciated!

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Hi

If you are stuck for proof of address, get a bank statement (the more recent the better) and go to your bank and ask a cashier to sign on behalf of the bank . A friend of mine used this method once to purchase a car so the apple store must accept it.

But i suspect you will be fine, the credit card covers you for address check and passport for acceptable ID

3. Inspiring thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks James, I will indeed bring my Bank Statement with me.

4. saeybia macrumors newbie

Hey you said you have your passport and your credit card?

that is 2 items of ID, the photo ID and the credit card is address ID. they run a transaction for a penny which they enter your address details in and it will verify the address :)

5. Inspiring thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes you r right - "TWO forms of ID" actually does not refer to Two proof of ID.

6. Psyxologos macrumors regular

In an O2 shop today I was told all I need is my credit card...

7. Inspiring thread starter macrumors newbie

When I was in the Queue, staff told us to have our Driving license, Utility Bills ready.

When I was signing up, my passport, Credit Card and bank statement is used - although I suspect that the passport is not essential. The staff told me that "It is best to bring the passport". I was told that at times when the credit check didn't go through, passport might help.

Anyway, for my case, it took me 20 minutes to finish the Address verification and the credit check. Payment, activation took 10 minutes and in total, I got my Iphone 3G in 30 minutes.

8. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Thats right, any chip & pin card can verify your address and your ID.