Two Questions about buying a Mac Book Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zepadikt, Apr 14, 2007.

1. zepadikt macrumors newbie

1.) Is it worth it to bump up to the 2.33Ghz Mac Book Pro? Regardless, I still plan on getting 2GB of RAM and a bigger hard drive. The only essential difference between the 2.16 and the 2.33 is the processor and the video card. Is this worth it?

2.) With the student ADC discount, does it take longer to get your Mac once you place an order?

Thanks!

2. jng macrumors 65816

jng

do everyone and yourself (spare the wait) a favor: do a search and you'll find the answer to pretty much every question you asked.

The only more elusive answer is re: ADC. Answer: verification of student status takes longer. Then order can be be processed.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

As long as you have the required documentation, i.e. photocopy of student ID/drivers license and a copy of an acceptance letter or course schedule, and fax them off, it was about a day after that my Student Developer ADC was activated from (Pending).

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Depends on what you need to do with the machine and whether your budget is unlimited or not.

5. zepadikt thread starter macrumors newbie

I will be using the computer for basic computing needs, but also video editing and video chatting. In that case, should I bump up to the Mac Book Pro 2.33Ghz(i.e. is the price difference worth the extra performance given my needs)?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

6. macgeek77 macrumors regular

If your not fully into video, but just do SOME on the side, I would get the base model. Otherwise, get the other one. I will warn you though, its $500 more for something, as it sounds, you might not use for the 2.33 GHz.