iPod Two questions about moving from 3G to 5G iPod

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2002
UK
1.I've just acquired a 5th Gen iPod to replace my 3rd Gen. Is there a way that i can move the database file that records play counts across to the new iPod?

2. I have a Logic3 iStation which I used with my 3rd Gen iPod. The 5th Gen iPod doesn't quite fit it properly. Does Logic3 still sell these iStation docking stations, and if so do they now supply a new plastic sleeve for the dock connector, or have they completely redesigned the product. As a long shot, does anyone know where I could get a new plastic sleeve, if such a thing exists?

Thanks very much
Dune

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
1. Yes, the same iTunes library can synchronise with any number of iPods and the playcounts will be maintained.

2. No idea.

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2002
UK
Loge said:
1. Yes, the same iTunes library can synchronise with any number of iPods and the playcounts will be maintained.
Thanks, but playcounts between my old iPod and iTunes aren't the issue - those were never updated anyway because I was doing manual sync with that Mac. What I would like is to replicate the playcount from the iPod itself, which represents most of my hours of listening.