Two questions about new macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gadgetgirl85, Feb 3, 2008.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

1) How can I get my music from my ipod touch to the computer?
    2)The battery is fully charged...will it matter if I take it out of the power source and do I need to calibrate yet?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

1) You'll need a 3rd party app like senuti
    2) No need to calibrate it right away, but you should do so within the first few days.

3. Mr. Eko macrumors member

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

5. GeneKam macrumors regular

Cant you just back up your entire iTunes library to a set of DVDs and just import it into your new machine, the only things i see stopping that would be if your old machine is broken or has no super drive or a combo drive

6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Is there no program that will do this? I only have all my music etc on my touch

7. GeneKam macrumors regular

ish, hard one. Apple does everythign to prevent what you are trying to do in order to prevent piracy. Try to google something, i know it is possible to play files from ipod without it being synced with your library, now copy, i dont know...

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

What does Senuti do when you try to use it? I've only used it for regular songs (no videos) but it worked very well.

9. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Just doesnt detect the ipod?

I also have a PC. Is there anyway I could copy them from the touch to the PC and back it up that way?

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Senuti doesn't work with iPod touc/iPhone because neither of those devices have a "disk mode" - you'll need something like iPhone drive.

You should calibrate your battery fairly early on in proceedings. Charge it up, use it till it turns off, charge it back up again.

11. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Hmmm. That's weird. I honestly don't know much about the touch, so I don't know what to say. :eek:
    Is there Senuti for Windows? Or some other program like it? I'd try that and then create a back up for transfer.