Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Hi guys,

I finally gave in and used AppTapp on my 1.1.1 iPhone because I wanted some of the cool themes :D

Two questions:

1. Is there any site online where I can view the summerboard themes so I don't have to just "take a guess" and install them on my iPhone without getting to preview them first? Also, the list in installer.app seems fairly small... aren't there way more themes than this out there?

2. Those little white dots on the bottom of the screen when you get beyond page 1 annoy me! One theme I have has white in that spot and it covers the dots which is awesome... but that's only one theme. Any way to get rid of these dots? I don't want it to be obvious there is a second page! :mad:

I tried using rSBT or whatever its called, in that customize.app program, but it gave me nothin but trouble. Installed OK but then after tweaking it, t ended up screwing things up bad enough that I had to do a restore twice. So now, I do not want to use it anymore. It was a total waste of time for me. I wish whoever makes that program would do MUCH better testing because IMHO it looks like crap that doesn't work real well at all.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
Hi guys,

I finally gave in and used AppTapp on my 1.1.1 iPhone because I wanted some of the cool themes :D

Two questions:

1. Is there any site online where I can view the summerboard themes so I don't have to just "take a guess" and install them on my iPhone without getting to preview them first? Also, the list in installer.app seems fairly small... aren't there way more themes than this out there?

2. Those little white dots on the bottom of the screen when you get beyond page 1 annoy me! One theme I have has white in that spot and it covers the dots which is awesome... but that's only one theme. Any way to get rid of these dots? I don't want it to be obvious there is a second page! :mad:

I tried using rSBT or whatever its called, in that customize.app program, but it gave me nothin but trouble. Installed OK but then after tweaking it, t ended up screwing things up bad enough that I had to do a restore twice. So now, I do not want to use it anymore. It was a total waste of time for me. I wish whoever makes that program would do MUCH better testing because IMHO it looks like crap that doesn't work real well at all.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

1. Install community sources found in the installer, you will get 10X the programs available. I have never seen anywhere online that you can preview the themes.

2. The little white dots are there to stay. Like you mentioned, the only work around is a theme with a white backround.

As for RSBT, it is what it is. Unfortunately Apple has decided that they should be the ones who say what you can and cant put or do with your phone. Because of that, you have to rely on developers to provide stuff for the phone. RSBT was great on 1.0.2, but lacks on 1.1.1 I would cut them some slack, at least they have taken the step to try, and I'm sure it will get better with new releases. I would encourage you to donate to their work if you want them to have some motivation.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The only way you will not have those dots is if you have a maximum of 16 apps. You can accieve this by using one of the launchers for the additional apps.

On the plus side this means that pretty much all of the themes will have the app icons you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.