Two questions about Vista...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by chrisbeebops, Jun 8, 2007.

1. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

For some reason, Vista is saying that I am still on battery power even when the power adapter is connected. So I have to change the power profile better better battery/performance whenever I connect it. Also, being on battery power prevents me from running the Windows Experience performance test--I'm curious as to how my mac rates against my friend's computers.

Second, is there any way to create multiple hardware profiles in Vista (like in XP)? I tried running Parallels 3 on my bootcamp partition, but it kept crashing because of driver issues. 1 profile for bootcamp, 1 profile for Parallels?

Thanks

P.S.: I have a santa rosa macbookpro.

2. chriswg macrumors member

I seem to be having the same problem as you are. Vista thinks my MBP is running on battery power when it is actually plugged in. If I unplug it and then plug it back in, Vista finally recognizes that the MBP is plugged in to AC power.

On a side note, I am able to run the Windows Experience Performance Test, but after it finishes, the results don't show up. Anyone know what is wrong?