Two questions for those smarter than me

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wepiii, Apr 26, 2015.

1. wepiii macrumors 6502a

1. Is there a way to turn off the "raise wrist to see time" function and still keep apple pay activated on the watch? And if so, how?

2. Is there a way to set the ESPN app to only show notifications on my watch, and not my phone. And if so, how? I see how to do it for native apps (messaging, mail, etc), but can't figure it out for ESPN.

Thanks!!!

2. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

You can only mirror the phone's notifications for ESPN so no you can't do that.

Not sure about apple pay, I tried to use apple pay on my watch at meijer today and I couldn't get it to work so I had to use my phone :(

3. wepiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gotcha on the ESPN part. Hope that changes as the software develops. Thank you!

Anyone else know about apple pay with the raise wrist to see time feature?

4. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

'Wrist Raise' has two options I can see, previous function and display time. So, you can't turn it 'off'.

What does this have to do with Apple Pay, which is click the button twice. Can you clarify your question? :)

5. wepiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is what I get if I try to turn "Wrist Detection" off.

I guess my question is, is there a way to turn it off without losing the ability to use Apple pay? Thanks!

[​IMG]

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

You don't want to disable wrist detection. You want to disable the setting below it. Activate on wrist raise.

7. wepiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do I do that?

----------

To clarify, I can't see any option where I could disable it. Am I missing an option ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

ApplePay uses wrist detection as security. Otherwise, if someone takes your watch, they could use your credit cards.

9. wepiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't really want to disable wrist detection, just specifically the screen turning on when I raise my wrist to look at it.

10. Uccle macrumors regular

I couldn't quite figure out if you got an answer to this. Yes you can turn off "raise wrist to activate" but you do it on your watch. Not the watch app on the iPhone. Open the settings app on the watch then go to General-->Activate on wrist raise-->turn the slider button to off.

I haven't tested this with apple pay but I don't see any reason why not...just double tap the long button as usual.

Sorry, I can't help with ESPN.

11. wepiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you! That was what I was missing. I have been trying to turn it off in the phone app. I didn't realize you could do it in the settings of the watch. Mine is sitting on the charger but I'll look when it is off. I really hope that is all I was missing.

12. jjlannoo Suspended

yeah you turn it off on the watch itself. Leave the settings in the app turned on

13. wepiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

See I knew someone would be smarter than me. Thanks for the help guys

14. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Whoops, sorry about that! I've been seeing not all the settings on the local app are the same as the iPhone app! Need to inspect those a little more closely.

15. Uccle macrumors regular