Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Okay, I have two questions for you guys. I couldn't find my answer by searching so I'm creating a new thread.

1. Is it possible to add the little "HD" icon to my own recordings (from EyeTV) in iTunes? They appear on the Apple TV with the HD icon next to the name, but in iTunes, it's just plain.

2. Is it possible to create a smart playlist that syncs ONLY HD videos so I can stream the standard def videos? I noticed that streaming HD can get choppy sometimes so I like to copy them to the Apple TV. I don't need to worry about space right now because I've got a 250GB drive in it. I checked through all the smart playlist settings and I can't find a single setting that will allow me to filter just 1280x720 videos.

I'm thinking the answer to both of these questions are going to be "Not possible", but I'm hoping someone else has run into these problems and can provide a work-around.

Thanks!

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

1. No.
2. No. But assuming the bitrate is higher, you could try using that parameter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.