Two questions re: purchasing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AbeFrohman, Apr 3, 2015.

1. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

I've searched, but maybe I just missed it...

1. How/when/where do you get to make an appointment?

2. At that appointment, if they assist in making an online purchase, can I pay in cash at the Apple Store? Or will it still be a credit/debit card transaction? Can't the Apple employee place the order and take the cash, then have the watch shipped to me?

Thanks.

2. JCT1212 macrumors regular

All I know is that for #1, you will make the appointment on April 10th, for the 10th (or after). Hopefully at the same time as preorders open. Except that it might be confusing to make an appointment and order as quickly as possible, in succession.

3. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

You can make an appointment through the Apple store app or in person at a store.

If I remember correctly you can't use cash for preorders (since they aren't supposed to take your money until the item has shipped). I could be wrong but I think that's the way it worked for previous iphone preorders.

4. comptr macrumors 65816

For Question # 2 You could buy a apple store gift card and use that if you want to use cash.

5. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

When you buy online there will be two ways to go about it. You can either pay and directly order it there for delivery to home (and perhaps store which is sometimes an option but may not be for the watch) or, alternatively you can not actually BUY it online, but, instead, RESERVE it online. What that means is, when the one you want is next available in store, and is not already reserved by someone else, it will be held for you to come in and purchase it then. You don't actually buy it until you're at the store in which case you can pay in whatever manner your Apple store allows.

6. comptr macrumors 65816

I hope we can Pre-Order but Pickup at Store so that we can pre-order but pick it up at the store instead of waiting for it come home.

7. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

From what I have read, that is not an option, but, reservation is a close second best, I suppose.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Okay, now I'm confused. What's the difference between reservation and ordering for pick-up in store?

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Maybe you pay at the store instead of online? I don't know, I think they're pretty much the same things.

10. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

So when pre orderes start they'll have the option to reserve in store for day 1 purchase? Or will we have to wait for the stores to actually get them in. This is going to make my decision of which watch to get more complicated because if we reserve it and don't have to pay tell the 24th then I'll have two pay checks during that time, meaning I can go up in price! Decisions decisions!

11. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Ordering on-line for pick-up in store has you paying at the time you place the order. Reservations have you paying at the time you pick up the item.

----------

Reservations are based on planned store stock. So whether you'll be able to land it on day 1 depends on how many are being shipped to your store of choice.