Two Questions Regarding Garageband

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TTsquared22, Aug 24, 2009.

1. TTsquared22 macrumors newbie

I'm new to the site so hopefully i'm doing this right.

I have a Microphone (DM-20SL2) but when I plug it into the input, there is not option to select it for the source. What's up with that?

Oh, and I noticed that when I send songs to iTunes, the volume is reduced significantly. Is there any way to fix this?

2. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

With your microphone issues, go to System Preferences > Sound > Input > Make sure your Audio line-in port is selected.

Upon sending your music file to iTunes, there is a volume selector either at the bottom of the application or in the middle. Make sure that it is on full before sending your production to iTunes.

Regards,
    Wesley.

3. TTsquared22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. I got the microphone to register, but there's still no option to select a source different than that of the built-in. I restarted Garageband and everything. Any ideas?

4. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Oh you're wanting to change the input on the actual GarageBand. Correct?

Regards,
    Wesley.

5. TTsquared22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Corrrrrect.

6. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Could be wrong, but I seem to remember that there is something you have to change in garageband preferences to use an external mic/line in. See if that works.

7. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

That's what I was just thinking. After browsing GarageBand, I found your solution. Go to GarageBand > Preferences > Audio/MIDI > Audio Input drop-down box then select the Built-In Input.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Wesley.