Two questions regarding restoring, and stability

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by keerf, May 2, 2011.

1. keerf macrumors member

Hi All,

So last night I tried several times to do a JB on my phone. For some odd reason iTunes kept giving me errors. It never ended up doing a restore on my phone and just kept bringing me back my normal homescreen.

To be safe though I decided to stick it in DFU mode (not pwned dfu mode) and do a restore. Problem was, I was downloading the ipsw while it was in DFU mode and the download was taking forever. So by the time it finished downloading, I forgot while the restore was happening if I had it in DFU mode hehe.

Anyway, I did a second DFU restore just to be safe.

My questions are these. First off, is doing two DFU restores harmful to the phone? I mean I assume it is a normal tool, otherwise the ability wouldn't exist, but regardless could I have messed up anything?

Second is there anyway to test stability of the iPhone? Like any app I can download to stress it a bit make sure things are smooth?

Thanks all for any help!

2. jthomp macrumors regular

Never hear of restore/or DFU restore being harmful to the iPhone. It's an option/utility to 'restore' the phone if you ever have problems.

I have never heard of any personal tool that will let you check the stability of the phone. if you are near an Apple store, you could stop in there and have them run their diagnostic utility to see if all is well with your phone.

Good luck!