Two Questions: Slow & Wifi

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by WombatBoy, Jan 9, 2011.

1. WombatBoy macrumors newbie

I just installed Windows XP on my MacBook Pro yesterday. It's a 15 inch with a 2.80 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor so I can't see any reason why it should be slow. The weirdest part about it being slow is that my other computer, a 4 year old MacBook, with a 2.16 Ghz, runs it unbelievably easy. If I try to move around a window on the old MacBook it moves smoothly, very easily. If I try to move a window on my MBP it has unbelievable lag and refreshes every millimeter that I move and moves really really slowly. Any reason why it's THAT slow on the MBP and fast on the MB?

And then the other problem, the Wifi. Windows appears to not be recognizing my wireless card and I've read some other stuff where you need to find the drivers for your card and then go install those on the Windows side, and I thought I did that. My card is a Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 so I downloaded the drivers from here: http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/dr...s/companies/broadcom/models/bcm4311/9408.html and installed them to no avail. I have the yellow question mark with exclamation point next to Network Connections (also for Coprocessor) and Ethernet Connections or something under other hardware on the Windows side so clearly it's missing something there. Under Network Connections I only have the 1394, not wireless or LAN or anything. Any help here would be much appreciated :)

Why can't this just be as easy as my Mac...why?!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It just sounds like you didn't install the Boot Camp drivers at all. Do you have the Boot Camp icon in the system tray? Doe you still have question marks next to other devices.

The drivers can be found on the grey Mac OS X install disc you got with the Mac or the Snow Leopard upgrade disc you used to upgrade to SL.

B

3. WombatBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, that was it, thanks so much! I've got it up and running now and Solidworks is coming the mail tomorrow. I couldn't be happier :)