Two questions?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nido24, Aug 15, 2011.

1. nido24 macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

I am considering finally getting a Mac. More specifically, a MacBook Air 11. Here are my two questions:

1. I have tried the 11 inch in the Apple Store, and I am almost positive that it will be a large enough screen. However, if I find it isn't after I buy it, how much is the restocking fee?

2. Is 64gb enough space? I am not a heavy user by any means, all I do is edit a few documents, Power Points, etc. I also store a (very) small music collection of 3gb, do some web browsing, and store some photos. I thought that with iCloud this may be even less of an issue.

Thanks everybody! I really hope to make the transition to the Mac soon!

2. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

1- no restocking fee 14 day return policy full money back
    2- go with 128 just in case

good luck

3. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I urge you to go one model up. Not only do you pick up the 128 SSD, more importantly you will go to 4GB of ram. This is not upgradeable after purchase. I think you will be disappointed with a 2GB/64 SSD no matter what your needs are at the present time.

4. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Do EXACTLY what he said. Go one model up or you will regret it later on.

5. nido24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thanks guys. I will get the 128gb SSD with 4gb RAM.

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I thought there is a restocking fee if you open the box.

7. KPOM macrumors G5

They changed that last year.

Good choice with the 4/128 model. That's the performance/value sweet spot of the lineup (both for the 11" and 13") as far as I'm concerned.

8. mac jones macrumors 68040

Best to move up. We all start out the same: "I don't need much. I just have a small music collection.....etc", but all most all of us change that tune sooner or later. (I can imagine that some don't, but this is a difficult concept to grasp :D )