Two questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ry&EmsMom, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Ry&EmsMom macrumors newbie

First off-can you use the iPhone charger to charge the iPad? Or should you only use the iPad charger strictly for the iPad?

Also-anyone purchase a case that says it's good for the iPad 2? Are you having issues with the sleep/wake function? I've been reading reviews and the biggest complaint I have read is that the magnets aren't working properly. Any case not have this issue? This is our first iPad and we need a case for it, so I'm trying to do some research on it.

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

You can charge it with an iPhone charger, but it will take longer.

Pretty much all cases, besides Apple's Smart Cover, seem to be having issues. I have a case made by Maroo (Moko II) that works perfectly on my new iPad, but many others are claiming this same case does not work on their new iPads. Seems like Apple may have changed something here without mentioning it to case makers... Something to do with polarity, etc.

3. Ry&EmsMom thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

5. ejisfun macrumors regular

I also have a new smart cover and a moko II. The smart cover works great, and the moko case does work, but is extremely fidgety (ie if you bump it at all when it's closed it will wake and sleep the iPad).