two quick questions about customizing iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mackaveli, Dec 30, 2010.

1. mackaveli macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I am learning on how to customize my iPhone 4 but have two quick questions. I am using iPhone 4 (4.2.1)

1. I am using Glasklart as my theme. I select the Glasklart Icons HD. However, three icons remain normal "Photos" "Camera" "Maps". Why is this? Can I change them manually? If so how?

2. How do I move apps from the second window to the primary window? Like I would like to move Facebook and Cydia and what not to the home page window but it won't let me?

Thank you.

2. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

All the themes do is replace the icons with different ones - so if it's not being replaced the theme doesn't have those icons. You could try making your own, there are tutorials out there.

As for the arrangement, press and hold on to an icon until they all start jiggling - then drag and drop to the appropriate page. Hit the home button to exit this mode. You can also re-order via iTunes.

3. mackaveli thread starter macrumors regular

I am sure the Glasklart HD icon pack has all of them though cause it has a standard set of icons. And these are official apple apps. If I may my own icons how do I replace these icons?

Also, where on the iPhone are the pictures saved? In iTunes it does not appear "Photo" on the left side so I cannot drop photos there. I have iPhone explorer so if someone can tell me the director to go to that be great.

4. THE dAY macrumors 6502

The Camera, Photos, and Maps icon were renamed for 4.2.1

The Photos icon is now just: (icon@2x.png) and stays in the same folder.

The Camera icon is now in a new bundle folder named (com.apple.camera) and the icon is (Icon@2x.png)

The Maps icon is now with capital I: (Icon.png)

5. mackaveli thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, what was the original name of the Photo icon? so can I just locate the Glasklark icons and rename them and it should work?

Also, where are iPhone photo's saved?

thanks.

6. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

I don't know what the original name of photo icon is but you can probably locate it under...
    /bundles/com.apple.mobileslideshow/

and iphone PHOTOS are saved in /var/mobile/media/dcim/

7. mackaveli, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

mackaveli thread starter macrumors regular

is there an easy way to drag and drop to the appropriate page? i cannot even switch to the left cause it is uncomfortable for me lol. nevermind i figured it out lol

thank you guys

8. mackaveli thread starter macrumors regular

How do I add photos?

I tried adding photos using iPhone explorer but it doesn't appear in the camera roll as a photo?

Can I add photos were the default wallpapers that Apple provides so I can change my wall paper?

Thanks,

9. AnionicStrength macrumors member

The stock iPhone Photos app only alters photo albums when you sync with iTunes. This is probably the easiest (although far from easy) way to add them.

There are some paid Jailbreak apps that are able to add photos to the Camera Roll in the way you described such as iFile. To use it, I suggest placing new photos into /private/var/mobile/media/dcim/100apple then navigating there with iFile and adding them to the Camera roll by tapping the arrow.

You could always email yourself the photo and tap on it to save to the camera roll in the non-jailbreak way. Alternatively, you can add them with a regular AppStore app like GoodReader.

Once your photos are in the camera roll, it's easy to select them as wallpapers from within Settings.