Two quick questions running VBox

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rye9, Sep 3, 2009.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Okay so if I want to increase the HD space I designated to Windows, how do I do so? I can easily adjust RAM and what not... but HD space seems fixed? I'm worried about running out.

And my other question is... why is 256MB VRAM the max I can allow? According to microsoft's website... 128MB is the minimum recommended amount for Vista Ultimate... and my MBP only has 256MB on it.. so will maxing it out at 128 (max as in it's all vbox will allow) be ok for both windows and my mac? (I'm assuming it then only gives Mac OS 128MB as well)

*edit: Ok a few more questions I guess.. what makes windows ultimate.... ultimate? I'm only using it to install the very first COD (very old game w/ low sys reqs)... and a couple programs required for college (Dev-C++, etc)... anything else cool to do on Windows I can't on Mac? Is there anything about the "ultimate" version that makes it require more VRAM or something if I'm just using these small programs and can allot less VRAM let me know please. :)

2. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9