Two random questions

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FaulknerM, Jan 18, 2009.

  1. FaulknerM macrumors newbie

    May 3, 2008
    Im currently in high school with an aspiration to some day be in the film industry and i had some random questions..

    i have recently seen a couple shots on tv where the action suddenly stops on video and the camera does a 360 around the paused action, which looks very impressive when there was smoke and other elements in the shot. my question was by what method is this achieved?

    secondly on an unrelated note, what is a "workflow" in this context?
  2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3


    Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The term typically used for this is "bullet time" (feel free to Google it for more info). Basically a number of still cameras (how many depends on much you want to rotate around the subject) are setup in a path around the subject and all fire at the same time. You the take all of those stills into some software (not sure what) that seamless stitches them together so the image doesn't 'jitter' as it moves from frame to frame.


Share This Page