Two Round Edges Or One?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ds252, Aug 9, 2007.

?

Answer yes for two round edges and no for 1 round edge

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Don't Care

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ds252 macrumors regular

Would you like to see the new ipod have two round edges like the photo or just the one like the video.

2. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

wait, what are you asking, and how do you answer?

edit: nevermind you changed it.

3. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

A flat front allows for a bigger screen than you could fit on a device with a rounded front.

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

But the 5/5.5gen models and the 1gen nano's are the only iPods to have "sharp" corners, and they're also the only two iPods I've ever disliked.

Sure, you can have a larger screen, but since when has Apple been about function over form anyway?;)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm sorry if I'm being obtuse...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you mean that you want the edges to be filleted in all three directions (so that there is no sharp edge) vs. just along the thin edge and the back of the iPod? That is, you're asking if we want the fillet that's on the white part of the iPod Photo shown?

6. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i think that is exactly what the OP is talking about.

i really don't care. if it makes any difference, i think the new iPod will look at lot like the iPhone (if not identical).

7. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

2 round edges please. but i dont really mind one round edge.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I actually did not expect to like it, but I'm in love with the edging and profile of the 2nd Gen Nano.... :) So I guess something that is stylistically more like that would be to my liking. I don't think that the design of the fullsize iPod is going to have enough leftover real-estate though, to get back to what you're referring to as two edges. I suspect the screen will move closer and closer to the edges.

9. clinto89 macrumors newbie

clinto89

I'm thinking the new iPod will be just like the 5 gen. but instead of the click wheel the whole front will be a screen with multi touch. If not that than it will be just like the phone but iPod only. Plus it would be stupid of apple to revert to a previous style and the 5 gen. design makes the iPod so much thinner. Just my thoughts.

10. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I've owned 4 iPods, and all of them have had a square front to them: 2nd gen iPod, 5th gen iPod, 1st gen shuffle, 1st gen nano. I don't mind them at all.