Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Answer yes for two round edges and no for 1 round edge

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

ds252

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Would you like to see the new ipod have two round edges like the photo or just the one like the video.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
A flat front allows for a bigger screen than you could fit on a device with a rounded front.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
A flat front allows for a bigger screen than you could fit on a device with a rounded front.

But the 5/5.5gen models and the 1gen nano's are the only iPods to have "sharp" corners, and they're also the only two iPods I've ever disliked.

Sure, you can have a larger screen, but since when has Apple been about function over form anyway?;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'm sorry if I'm being obtuse...

indextwirl20060912.png

ipod.jpg

Do you mean that you want the edges to be filleted in all three directions (so that there is no sharp edge) vs. just along the thin edge and the back of the iPod? That is, you're asking if we want the fillet that's on the white part of the iPod Photo shown?

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
I'm sorry if I'm being obtuse...

<snip>

Do you mean that you want the edges to be filleted in all three directions (so that there is no sharp edge) vs. just along the thin edge and the back of the iPod? That is, you're asking if we want the fillet that's on the white part of the iPod Photo shown?

i think that is exactly what the OP is talking about.

i really don't care. if it makes any difference, i think the new iPod will look at lot like the iPhone (if not identical).

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I actually did not expect to like it, but I'm in love with the edging and profile of the 2nd Gen Nano.... :) So I guess something that is stylistically more like that would be to my liking. I don't think that the design of the fullsize iPod is going to have enough leftover real-estate though, to get back to what you're referring to as two edges. I suspect the screen will move closer and closer to the edges.

clinto89

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2007
A place on the earth
I'm thinking the new iPod will be just like the 5 gen. but instead of the click wheel the whole front will be a screen with multi touch. If not that than it will be just like the phone but iPod only. Plus it would be stupid of apple to revert to a previous style and the 5 gen. design makes the iPod so much thinner. Just my thoughts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.